Visitor disguises its website as if it is the"official" tour. The reality is that they purchase tickets through the real tour service.

I bought 5 tickets for a Statue of Liberty tour @ $60 per person the night before tour. I could not find any information about the tour start time or an itinerary. I assumed it was flexible and one could arrive any time. After booking aNd going to sleep, I received a confirmation email saying our tour started st 8:30 am.

Upon arrive at Battery Park to pick up our tickets at 11:30am, I was told their tours only leave at 8:30 am.

So , now I have to pay for the official tour @ $18 per person. This is the kind of scam that gives New York and the US a really bad reputation.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Viator. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Viator.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Viator to other companies on our site.

Comments

ViatorSocialTeam
Viator Verified Representative

Hello,

Thank you for your message. Viator is a Tour Broker for tours all over the world.

Naturally, we are unable to be the tour operator for so many tours in so many destinations.

Some of our tours do have open hours so that you can arrive at your convenience, however most of our tours are more structured depending on which tour you have booked and what it included.

We recommend to all customers to check the "Important Info" tab for information on when your tour can be expected to leave and any other details you may need.

Your voucher will also include the time details for your tour, as well as the contact information for the Tour Operator should you have any additional questions.

We do hope this information helps you, and future travelers in having the smoothest possible tour experience with us. Thank you again for your feedback, and we wish you Happy Travels.