My problem with Viator is with their customer care. I booked a hop-on-hop-off- bus tour for my trip to Paris this past September. Unfortunately just as I was paying for my purchase via Mastercard my internet connection disconnected. I got a message on the computer screen saying my card wasn't charged and that I should try again, so I did and I was successful. I received a confirmation of 1 successful payment yet when I received my Mastercard receipt, it clearly showed that I ended up paying twice for the tour. So I tried to contact Viator customer care over this matter. Surely they would refund the extra money?

In your dreams. First of all, the only way to contact them is to fill out a form and send it. There's no e-mail address available for any questions or concerns. I was fine with the form but after I received no answer for too long, I wanted to try a direct email but there wasn't one. All of the phone numbers you can call are for booking services specific. They also have the nerve to promise to have "fast, detailed responses to your questions 24 hours a day," saying that their goal is "to respond to each query we receive within 12 to 24 hours." They also say that "refund requests may take longer to allow us time to investigate, and will be responded to within 5 business days." I've been waiting for well over a week so far and I've filled out 3 different forms and sent them. Still no answer. Viator customer care means NO care at all, at least when it comes to refunds.

I suggest you do your bookings some place else because Viator clearly cannot be trusted if something goes wrong! All they want is your money. Take that money somewhere else where they're interested in taking care of their customers and ensuring that everyone is happy.

Review about: Viator Tour Booking.

I didn't like: Customer care.

Comments