Update by user Oct 13, 2017

10-13-17 Still no resolution. Took 16 minutes to get through to customer service.

Requested to speak with a supervisor and was put on hold for another 8 minutes.

Again, they tell me it's been escalated, which is what they told me a week ago. The tour operator is denying the refund (surprise!) - yet I gave Viator all of the information they need to validate the class we took and the price of that class.

Original review posted by user Oct 04, 2017

I have booked multiple tours with Viator, but after recent experiences I will tell you to be very careful - make sure there are adequate reviews and check out the tour operator ahead of time if you can. We had a Cooking Class substituted by the tour operator.

We had prepaid $240.00 per person and the other 8 people in the class paid 125 Euro ($147.00). Viator has a price guarantee policy, and I submitted my request for a refund for the price difference two weeks ago ($93.00x 4 = $372.00). After no response, I followed up with a phone call today (866-648-5873), and they said they are researching it. The tour operator confirmed that they had provided a different class, but now they are dependent on the tour operator to confirm the refund?

This was a bait and switch and Viator is just too big to be able to provide adequate quality control. I am suppose to hear from them in 48 hours (so why did it take two weeks until now) and then another 14 days for resolution!

We'll see. I have been a fan of trip advisor, but I will no longer use Viator.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cooking Classes.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Bait and switch - overpriced, Slow response on resolution - still pending.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 04, 2017.

Comments

How can I start my own class