5.0
Number of Destinations

Viator does not publish negative reviews. I've seen this mentioned on other forums as well.

I did two tours through Viator - one was great, one was not. I left reviews for both, only the positive review was published.

The quality of the tour is not the responsibility of Viator, I don't hold them responsible for that at all. But Viator advertises and sells the tours, they are responsible for proper representation. It is dishonest to publish positive reviews, and leave out the negative ones.

Not cool at all. For this reason, I will not use Viator again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Viator Travel Advertisement.

Reason of review: Dishonest advertising.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Ease of booking and detail.

I didn't like: Misrepresentation of tours.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Apr 13, 2016.

Comments

ViatorSocialTeam
Viator Verified Representative

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail, and for submitting your review to Viator.com. Here at Viator we take the integrity of our reviews very seriously.

We manually process selected reviews to ensure the tour is up to our standards of excellence. Unfortunately, it means we sometimes have a long *** of reviews waiting to be published. We're working as fast as possible to get these reviews live, and your patience is appreciated.

There are only some occasions in which we will not publish a review.

As an example, a review must come from a guest who has both booked and traveled on the tour. If for some reason, the guest was unable to take the tour, the review will not be published. Also we are not able to publish reviews that include mentions of other tours, or concern other items not included in the tour being reviewed (as a for instance, we do get many people who try to review the hotel they stayed at for a tour that does not include hotel accommodations). And, obviously, we are unable to publish tours that include certain language.

We do hope this information helps. Thank you again for your feedback, and please feel free to contact us with any further questions.