Viator is a website to assist people in locating tours or tour guides. I selected a guide on their website, communicated with this guide though their site, and made arrangements for a custom tour. After completing the a deposit payment through their website, the tour guide changed teh price - adding an additional 30 euros - the viator fee - which did not show on my invoice from viator - and according to viator terms of service was payable by him.

I contacted viator - who promised 24 hours response, and 3 days later - heard back from them that my tour was cancelled and that tour guide was no longer associated with their services. So this left me with train tickets to a city with no tours available and no guides available. We made do with a taxi and print outs from the web of the sites the guide was supposed to show us.

We tried phoning viator - but they had no record of our booking and no record of our email address, but after providing them our credit card number, they informed us that customer service for custom bookings is not available by phone - only via email - as opposed to what is stated on their website.

Viator agreed to refund us the money paid, but we only received a partial refund - they claim the difference was due to exchange rate fluctuations and that they are not responsible for that.

All in all an unsatisfactory and unpleasant experience - I would not deal with them again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Viator Tour Booking.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 01, 2012.

Comments

Littleton, Colorado, United States #592666

File with the BBB. I plan to for a similar complaint. It at least gets it on record.