I booked a tour and I received an email that I should wait for an e mail with the confirmation.That e mail never came and the next thing I knew was the tour guide asking me why I didn´t show, I explained to her the lack of confirmation and she informed me that Viator has charged me already and the tour was confirmed.

That is not true. I checked my e mail every day I did not received the confirmation. I sent a complaint to the company and though they claim to send an answer in 24 hours I have not receive a word from them. The tour and the complaint was on May 11th and today is May 26th.

I also have been charge for a tour that I was not able to find the tour guide or she/he did not show.

I will never know. The instructions were to meet the guide at St Peter´s Square in Rome. That´s it! That square is HUGE and I asked at everyone of the tour guides there (dozens) and none of them was the tour guide I paid for.

I sent my complaint and, of course, no answer.Both tours are already paid so why should they care.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of viator tour booking and associated monetary loss in the amount of $180. Viator needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned viator tour booking in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Viator.

Comments

ViatorSocialTeam
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #996412
Viator Verified Representative

Hello,

Thank you for your message.We are aware of the long delay in customers receiving a reply, and we are doing everything in our power to expedite responses to all of our customers as quickly as we can.

We do take the scope of this issue very seriously, and hope to have it back under control as soon as we are able.

Most of our confirmations are sent out within 15 minutes, however some require up to 48 hours to be confirmed.

If you don't see them in your inbox within 48 hours, we recommend checking your spam or junk folder, as we are sometimes caught by automated e-mail filters.

Thank you for your patience, and we wish you Happy Travels.