I booked a Gibraltar Rock Tour and realised immediately after it went through the process that I had picked the wrong date - I had booked too close to the tour date and as I was on a cruise ship couldn't make the May 27 tour as the ship wasn't in port until May 28. My mistake - however I asked to make an amendment and book another tour and Viator advised me to call the travel company, Blands Travel direct.

I did so, requested a change to a Viator trip from Lisbon to Pena Palace (Tour code: 5391LISPENA) and was assured by the man I spoke to at Blands Travel (00350 200 50932) that this was in place. When I arrived at the Lisbon booking office of Yellow Bus, operator of Viator's tour, not only was the local representative incredibly rude and unhelpful there was no record of my booking, or payment through Visa. I have now been charged for the non-existent Gibraltar Rock Tour - and to add insult to injury, keep receiving emails to review it - as well as for the Lisbon tour, which I took - and which was disappointing (but that's another story). As a travel writer and previously satisfied customer of Viator I have promoted the company through several high profile publications in Australia - now I will be actively dissuading anyone from using their services.

A refund and some sort of personal communication would go a long way to remedying this situation; it is now 18 days since the company communicated with me. Viator reference: BR-614939274

Review about: Viator Tour Booking.

Comments