Featured Not resolved
1.8

Update by user Jul 21

Viator is owned by Trip Advisor and interestingly, my review has NOT posted on Trip Advisor! Go figure! Check out my photos - they're seriously ridiculous!

Original review posted by user Jul 20

This was our primary tour of St.Petersburg.

Our guide, Stan, was very knowledgeable and friendly. The tour itself was good, but not fantastic, mostly because there was not enough time to see many of the places that have much to offer such as Hermitage with its fantastic art, too much time in places like Peter and Paul Church where there are only crypts of the royal family members. But our main issue was with the safety and quality. We had FOUR different vans in two days, obviously indicating they had significant vehicle issues.

This culminated in our fourth van breaking down on the second day half way through our tour ON THE SIDE OF THE FREEWAY! This was incredibly dangerous. We had two families, one with small children -- this could have been disastrous. My husband and the father from the other family had to push the van out of the freeway to help ensure it would not get hit.

There were no flares, just a triangle to alert other drivers. The van was almost hit easily two times, probably many more. A new van was dispatched in AN HOUR. It was cold, windy and almost raining.

One of us was sick, the others truly scared. We all had to use the restroom and were starving no food for the second day provided or allocated for at Peterhof until we asked if we could get food even then, we were not told we would need rubles. The guide was nice enough to exchange our money for us or else were would have not gotten anything to eat until well after 5 for the entire day. We missed half the tour, were rushed through the remainder and not even one offer of a refund or compensation.

Like the food, bathroom breaks not well planned the second day. Waters not provided on all vans. Food on first day lunch was terrible. The restaurant seemed nice, but our pre-ordered food was really not good at all, and the restaurant staff spoke very little English.

We mostly ate bread. No wifi on any of the vans. Please be sure to check out the photos of my seat belt which I discovered before this happened.

This was incredibly unsafe and although we do not blame the guide, more should have been done to make up for the fact we lost a half day, lost our canal tour and any type of shopping with absolutely no offer for compensation of any type.Would not recommend this for significant safety issues and professionalism of the company.

Review about: Viator Tour.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Guides knowledge of the area and russian history.

I didn't like: Safety, Lack of planning for bathrooms, Lack of planning for food, Food on first day, Felt rushed.

Had an Experience with Viator?

Comments