1.1K views

I was booked on a biobay catamaron cruise with dinner in Puerto Rico for Feb. 21.

(I had signed up, through the Marriott website for Feb. 20, but it was full and changed to the 21st). It was canceled by the operator, East Island Excursions that morning, due to choppy waters. When I didn't receive a refund after 2 1/2 weeks, I emailed East Island Excursions.

They replied that they informed Viator and I would get a refund.

I followed up with two emails through their website, but haven't gotten a reply or a refund. I called the Marriott, their tour desk says Viator has my money, I need to get it through them and they are slow.

Review about: Viator Tour.

Comments

ViatorSocialTeam
Viator Verified Representative

Hello Judi,

Thank you for leaving a review. I work for Viator's Social Media Department, and I'd like to see if I can figure out what's going on - unfortunately, even I'm a bit confused as to what happened.

In order for me to complete an investigation, can you please send an e-mail to socialteam@viator.com with your booking number, and the e-mail address that you used to book?

Thank you in advance, we will keep an eye out for your e-mail.

All the Best,

Loryanna M.

Viator Customer Support

judibabcock
to ViatorSocialTeam #799423

I just received an email from Vacations by Marriott saying that they have notified their booking department to credit my card, so there is no need to investigate further. Still, there needs to be better communication between East Island Vacations, you and the Marriott- this should have happened automatically- I shouldn't have had to be the one initiating it and contacting everyone.

judibabcock
Bedford, Massachusetts, United States #799275

Today I did receive the following response from Viator:

"Viator unfortunately cannot assist you direct however we have on your behalf contacted the source this booking was received from originally and to contact the concerned person regarding your request". I had, in fact, made several calls to the Marriott.

Their customer service told me to call the hotel I stayed at, the hotel told me to speak to their travel desk. Their travel desk told me that Viator had my money and to contact them.