5.0

We booked two “Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks Day Trip from Las Vegas (6648P5)” through Viator for January 2. We subsequently called the operator, Southwest Adventure Tours, and were told to wait at the hotel at 6:00 am for pickup.

We called Southwest when we arrived December 30 and again on January 1 to make sure that the trip was still on (trip can be canceled if not enough tourists). Nobody answered the phone either time, so we left messages. Since I was not contacted, I assumed the trip was a go.

We arrived at the pickup point by 5:50. As we waited past 6, I notice a phone message left at 5:55 am. The trip had been canceled at the last moment because the tour driver called in sick! He offered to shift the trip to January 3 or January 4 instead.

I called back at 6:05 to discuss the alternatives but nobody picked up the phone.

We got our refund through Viator when we called 10 days later. It was still disappointing that the trip never took place. Such opportunities are rare for us.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Viator. The most disappointing about viator tour booking at Viator was tour operator did not deliver , but reviewer liked at least i got my money back. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Viator.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Viator to other companies on our site.

Comments

ViatorSocialTeam
Viator Verified Representative

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not able to go on this experience.

We do hope that when you called our company you also mentioned the issues you mentioned here with the Tour Operator so that one of our agents could follow up with the Tour Operator with your concerns.

We are glad to hear you have already received a refund. Please do let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.