2.1
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I have used this company in the past without any problems. It is all good, until it is not.

I booked a tour through Viator on the Cayman Islands. In the confirmation they stated that I can cancel the trip 24 hours prior to departure. I found out from the local tour operator that they did not offer hotel pickup from my hotel, so I immediately cancelled my tour, which the local operator honored. I cancelled the tour with Viator as well. Viator ignored my timely cancellation and charged me $95.

They claim that they have 24/7 availability. That's simply a lie. Not only they don't have a phone number that one can call, but they don't even have an email address that one can write to. You get only automated responses to your emails. This is simply a shell company that uses local tour operators. If you think you are "safer" because you made your reservation in the US with a US company you are WRONG.

I will never use Viator again, just do my homework and find local companies with local phone numbers and legit. email addresses that offer the same tours that you book through Viator for the same price.

I recommend you to do the same.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: No phone number, No email address, Only automated email replies.

Comments