2.6
Number of Destinations

Booked a Panama City, Panama tour with Viator which was to include RT transportation. Transportation was confirmed at our hotel and we waited in the lobby for over a half an hour and then took a taxi to the restaurant.

By time we got there the show had already started and our dinner was served after everyone else had eaten. The restaurant manager said there were a number of people there who had booked with Viator and the transportation never arrived for any of them. Had I had the hotel concierge make the reservation directly with the restaurant, I would have saved over 50% of what I was charged by Viator. Viator charged $109.00 pp.

Outrageous! Viator has failed to respond to my emails and did not post my negative review on their web site.

I will never use Viator again and will tell everybody I know to pass it on. This was a very bad experience from a horrible company.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. SLN5808 is quite happy with easy to book and stated that there is a room for improvement of unresponsive and your not what we paid for. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of viator tour booking and associated monetary loss in the amount of $25. Viator needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned viator tour booking in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Viator.

Comments

ViatorSocialTeam
Viator Verified Representative

Hello,

Thank you for your message, and for using Viator. It sounds as though the price difference between the booking direct at the restaurant and with us is to account for the transportation.

We are sorry to hear that you were unable to meet up with your tour. To request a Refund for a tour or activity, please send an e-mail to support@viator.com. We require all refunds to be e-mailed to us directly for record keeping reasons.

To ensure the fastest possible service, please be sure to include the following information:

- In the Subject Line of your e-mail, please state "Refund Request" and include your booking number.

- In the Body Text of the e-mail, please include any information you believe will help us with our investigation - even if you have sent this information before. Having all of the details in one e-mail will help our customer service agent help you more efficiently. Please note: It may take us up to 3 - 7 business days to respond to a Refund Request. In many instances we have to check with the tour operator first before we can send you a resolution, and unfortunately that can add some delay.

We hope this information helps.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.