In May I booked a tour with your company. I was going to Paris in July and wanted to take one of your 2 day tours from Paris to Normandy. As I was booking the tour, I accidentally clicked on another tour. When I got to Paris and checked in at ParisCityVision the night before, I was told I was not on the Normandy tour but some other tour in France. They said they could not refund the money.

I know it was my fault for clicking on the wrong tour but I did not miss the tour. I showed up at the ParisCityVision. I filed a claim with your company but was denied. I believe you should return my money. I cannot afford to be out $507!

This is bad PR. I went online to post a negative review but saw that Steve Reeves said you do not even post bad reviews. I did see that there were various other bad reviews and even some on the Better Business Bureau. I will make sure traveling people I know are aware of all these things and not to use your services.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Viator. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $507 and wants Viator to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Viator and viator tour booking for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you booked an excursion you were not interested in.

Unfortunately, as noted in our Terms and Conditions, we're unable to refund a reservation cancelled within 0 - 2 days of the tour date, or reservations that are considered a "No Show" where the customer did not attend the tour, but the tour went as planned.

Our Tour Operators do save seats for our customers, and this does sometimes mean that they are unable to refund us for last minute or post travel cancellations.

Viator does post reviews both good, and bad - but our customers must have both booked and traveled on the tour in question in order to leave a review. The reviews on our website are intended to be reviews of the tour itself, and not about our service, or any other tours / hotel stays / airline flights / etc.

As our Tour Operators do rely on our reviews to promote their services, we feel it is unfair to dock them for a negative review if the customer did not attend their tour or if the customer is using that review as a platform to discuss services unrelated to the actual tour.

We apologize that we were unable to provide you with a resolution to meet your expectations at this time, but we do hope this information helps explain the situation better. All the Best, Loryanna Viator Customer Support