I booked a tour in Washington with Viator. I did not see the discount offered when I checked out at the payment section.

Before I was about to book another tour I realised the discount. I called to ask them to add on the tour and also to enjoy the promotion. They told me final sales so they cannot give me the promotion. I made the booking less than 5 minutes ago.

I was very disappointed with the rigidity. I was not asking to cancel the booking but to amend it.

Plus I am adding on to the booking. The worst part was that the moment Viator told me they could not amend, she cut the line!

Why so greedy?

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $40. This person is overall dissatisfied with Viator. The most disappointing about viator tour booking at Viator was bad service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Viator.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Viator to other companies on our site.

Comments

ViatorSocialTeam
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1221960
Viator Verified Representative

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We do have some tours on our website that, once booked, we're unable to amend or cancel them.

These generally depend heavily on what the tour is - though the easiest example is Alcatraz. Once we sent those reservations over, we're not permitted to touch them.

Since we do send reservations over immediately, that means that once the booking is completed - it's not able to be amended or canceled. Unfortunately, these sorts of bookings don't permit for flexibility on account of the fact that their operators are generally unable to be flexible with us.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to see which tour you booked to speak on your tour exactly as to why they might have this restriction in place.

Our calls are monitored and recorded through the call center. If you believe you were intentionally disconnected by the call center agent, we do recommend writing to support@viator.com with your booking number and the phone number you called from so we can pull the call. If too much time has elapsed, however, we may not be able to find the call - so we do recommend writing ASAP.

We do occasionally have some hiccups with the phone lines, especially with calls from overseas - so it is possible that it was just bad timing with a technical disconnection. We hope this information helps.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do feel free to contact us. All the Best, Viator Social Team