2.8
Number of Destinations

After over two months of waiting, email writing and phone calls, Viator finally apologized for . not meet my expectation this time.

My expectation was simply for a relaxing bus ride to the Waitomo Glowworm Caves (New Zealand) and to enjoy the scenery along the way. Instead, my wife and I spent 2 hours staring at the buss ceiling and trying to catch-dodge the steady stream of cold water dripping from overhead. By the time we arrived at the Caves, my arms were tired, my neck was aching and both of us were wet and cold from the unexpected shower inside the bus. When we first discovered the leak, I described the situation to the driver and his reply was that his management was aware of the problem, but there was nothing he can do for us.

After returning home, I notified Viator of the situation and documented it in two emails and numerous phone calls. Their remedy was their sincerest apologies for the inconvenience, with no financial compensation offered. This was not the response I anticipated, I expected a reputable company to refund the cost of the tour and perhaps provided vouchers for future tours. For knowingly transporting passengers in a defective bus and the unsatisfactory resolution, I give Viator 1 star, and will not ever used their services again.

. I wanted to post the above review on the Viator website but Viator has a 90 day window from the day of the tour to post comments. Now I understand the reason for the long delay for their response.

They anticipated and prevented me from posting my comments. This company has some very devious policies.

Review about: Viator Waitomo Glowworm Caves Discovery Tour.

Comments