2.4
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I was in New Orleans looking for a cemetery tour. The one on Viator got excellent reviews so I booked on for the following day.

I booked around 6pm for a tour leaving at 10:30am the next day. When I clicked on it, it said available dates, the tour I chose had available dates at the time I wanted. After I went through the whole process I get an email from them telling me that it will not be a confirmed tour until I get the confirmation email from the company doing the tour. No name was given to me about the company, no phone number, no meet up location, NOTHING.

I assumed I would get an email early the next morning, at least an hour before my tour so I did not worry too much. WRONG Next morning I get up early and check my email, nothing yet. Now, this tour was going to affect my plans for the day. If for whatever reason I did not get the tour, I would have to rearrange my entire plans for the day.

By 9:30 I was getting very anxious. I still did not know where we would have to meet and it's only an hour away. I call their customer service number. After being on hold for an eternity I was connected with someone.

He was nice enough but told me to wait for the email. I explained everything I mentioned above. I asked for a phone number. Instead I was put on hold for about 10 min.

He came back and said that my tour was good and that the company just sent me the email. Cool. I hang up. 30 minutes later, still no email.

So I call back, get someone else and have to explain EVERYTHING again. After being placed on hold several times for several more eternities Viator sends me an email direct. It is now 10:22. My tour starts in 8 minutes and to get an uber would take time, it's 16 minutes walking distance away.

I will not make it. Now that I have the email I can call the tour company. After explaining to 3 different people and asking if I can just meet them at the cemetery I ended up catching a cab at 10:40 (at my expense) and getting there seconds before the tour bus. The tour was great, but more information from Viator would help.

Why keep the tour company info a secret? In cases like this it really screwed me over. They need a better system. If the tour shows available on their site it should be available.

If the tour company cancels for whatever reason, weather, sick tour guide etc, then they should contact us.

Other than that once I book it should be a done deal and NOT end up costing me more money in the end. What a rip off....DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Viator New Orleans Cemetery Tour Tour Booking.

Reason of review: read my complaint.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Ease of booking.

I didn't like: Slow customer service, Difficult to contact, No information about tour companies or how to contact companies.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 03.

Comments