Dubai, Dubai
100% full Not resolved

While we were in India, I received an email that stated we were confirmed for our tour in Dubai.On the original form it had listed 3 different times, 3:40, 10 minutes prior to pick up, 30-60minutes prior to pick up.

We went with 10minutes prior to pick up and missed the tour. We called the local company by 3:50 to see if anything could be done, they in turn emailed Viator, and Viator flagged our account making any sort of refund impossible.

Viator said we were suppose to "reconfirm the appointment to determine a suitable pick up time" I pointed out that we had confirmed, it stated it on the email.They just said "I was denied a refund because I hadn't confirmed" Viator is shady!

Review about: Viator Tour.

Had an Experience with Viator?

Comments

ViatorSocialTeam
Phoenix, Arizona, United States #782868
Viator Verified Representative

Hello kames81,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with us didn't live up to your expectations.Unfortunately, many of our tour operators do require reconfirmation as a part of the tour process.

The reconfirmation directions will always be listed under the 'Important' section of your voucher, along with contact information for the local tour operator.

Unfortunately, in situations where a tour was not reconfirmed, and was therefore missed, if the tour operator has deemed the traveler a 'no show', as happened in your case, Viator is still billed in full for the reservation. When that happens, we're unfortunately unable to offer a refund for the missed tour.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but we do hope this information helps.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

All the Best,