There was a problem with my trip from Santiago, Chile to Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar, BR-643354574.I booked the trip for Tuesday 20 February, but my voucher showed Wednesday 21 February.

There is a glitch in the mobile app that allows customers to select a day, shows that day in their cart, then switches right at confirmation (see screenshot examples—Wednesday was selected and shows at first, then changes to Thursday on the final screen). This is a very dishonest bait-and-switch that is at best a glitch in the app, and at worst a purposeful deceit to steal money from unsuspecting customers. Either way, this is bad business. After over 30 minutes on the phone with customer service, Gara (employee ID 153086) said the vendor will be giving me a refund.

She refused to acknowledge the system glitch and kept telling me that I must have booked the wrong day. It was infuriating to have to explain the problem over and over, only to be blamed for it. I have not yet received any confirmation of a refund nor even an email, which was promised. In the case that the vendor decides not to refund the payment, I expect a full refund from TripAdvisor/Viator, as the error lies within their system.

This is the first time I’ve booked excursions directly through the TripAdvisor app, and I have been wholly dissatisfied with the entire experience. My vacation is marred by two failed excursions due to TripAdvisor’s system glitches. The first was a vineyard tour from Santiago, which I paid and received confirmation, only to find out the morning of the tour that the local company was not operating at this time, and they had already notified Viator of this. I did receive a full refund, but the day’s plans had to entirely change.

I expect better from such a large and established travel company and am exceedingly disappointed that I misplaced my trust in them, not just once but twice.I’d like them to confirm my $198.00 refund from BR-643354574 as soon as possible.