I purchased multiple tours for hundreds of dollars for my time in Europe this summer. Before I could go on any of the tours, I ended up in a hospital in Munich for an emergency operation and was stuck there for a week.

I was incapacitated for much of this time and without a phone. All my attempts to email customer support to cancel my tour were ignored, and I was not given cancellation or refund. When I was finally released by the hospital, the doctors made me fly immediately home for additional surgery. When I was finally capable of calling customer service, my requests for refunds were ignored.

(They said they would "get back to me.") Terrible customer service.

I've spent thousands on tours with Viator the past 5 years, but never will go through them again.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $400. This person is overall dissatisfied with Viator. The most disappointing about viator tour at Viator was customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Viator.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Viator to other companies on our site.

Comments

ViatorSocialTeam
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #996417
Viator Verified Representative

Hello,

Thank you for your message. We are aware of the long delay in customers receiving a reply, and we are doing everything in our power to expedite responses to all of our customers as quickly as we can. We do take the scope of this issue very seriously, and hope to have it back under control as soon as we are able.

Thank you for your patience, and we wish you Happy Travels.

to ViatorSocialTeam #1111654

I wish I had read you review. They are terrible

to ViatorSocialTeam West Orange, New Jersey, United States #1307398

Hello Viator - there is no link on your website to cancel. Horrible for the customer!!